Sunday, October 12, 2008

Weekend Recap

There is something I noticed when I started reading my friend’s blogs, and this is going to sound insanely obvious, but they seem to reflect the writers themselves. And by that I mean their subtext. Now of course if they posted more frequently then they do it might be more apparent, but there is a good example of this my friend Ryan blog: http://pulpfreeblogjuice.blogspot.com/

In Ryan’s blog nowadays it seems to center on the Buccaneers, but every once in a while there is a movie review or another point of interest. He is very good at breaking down the game, and I will proudly wax his car by saying for me, a man who has no interest in sports, it’s the only sports publication I want to read. And this brings me around to my point, because he posts every week not out of commitment, but because of interest. Every football season he watches the game and follows the action very closely, and with his busy schedule on top of his busy schedule, this blog is the only Ryan I tend to get nowadays. But if Ryan, and for that matter anyone, posted more often then you might see where their true interests slant, not just where they want everyone to think they slant. You see Ryan’s writing is pretty true in my opinion because he is so busy all the time, when he isn’t he unwinds with the Bucs. Another example is my friend O’D, http://straightfromthedogsass.blogspot.com/, who is right now overseas in the hot shitty desert. He is at war, and when he has a chance he posts about what is important and interesting to him. With these two there is kind of a purity going on there. Then again they may unwind by posting bullshit for fun and I am pissing in the dark. But I honestly would like to believe the former.

There are three other blogs that I follow that post infrequently that I wish would be more prolific. For Starters my friend Jon Fails, http://jrfailesblog.blogspot.com/, who I never see anymore posts occasionally, and I feel could only benefit from a situation like mine. He was a very interesting guy the last time I checked and his blog could only benefit. The same goes for Cody’s http://blogingthenightawaywithcody.blogspot.com/, which somehow distills what it is like to hold a conversation with Cody. We need more of that!

Now my friend Shane has a blog,http://shaneguyexternal.blogspot.com/ , for which he plans to post once in a while about music and other things. But his true blog is his Flickr, which captures all he ever needs or wants to say and has some wonderful growing photography that I plugged not just last week. His Flickr is a good example of frequent posting.

The Act of frequent posting drags our true selves out. It is only after we have run out of material that we start resorting what we know and love.

So after this first week of posts looking back, I realized I know very little and love more or less one and I could do a lot better. I need to get out, be adventurous. These weeks should be GOOD, or at the least the best I can do.

So this upcoming week: Top 7 Djs in the World

Next week: Places in my immediate radius, Fuck you One Tank Trips!!!!

The Following Week: Starting Saturday the 1st, NOVEMBER MOVIE MONTH EXTRAVAGANZA

The rest of the year: the world and beyond

No comments: