Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Lonely Lights. The Color of Lemons


In vein with supporting your local talent, the 365 would like to bestow its critically acclaimed nod to a UCF student movie that I saw when I first arrived at MCC. And this is so far the best student movie I have ever seen.

It has its drawbacks. The narration is done in a way that just begs for it to sound significant. The framing puts our character constantly with his back turned to us as he narrates various aspects of his life. This gets a little annoying after a while and if the movie were five minutes longer then it would be a bigger problem.

The inkblot painting intervals are nice a touch.

This movie is short, startlingly visual and beautiful (damn those UCF kids get to play with cool toys) and genuinely original.

I am going to keep this short as, well it is damn near impossible to find a copy of it. I just found one at MCC and I am extremely happy.

No comments: